TADS is building its collection of local research articles. Listed here are some recent articles.
Taste of TADS
A large collection of local people's memories were first published in the Society's publications A Taste of TADS 1 and A Taste of TADS 2. Gradually the Society is putting some of these older, out-of-print publications onto the website.
Taste of TADS 1
Taste of TADS 1 contains articles on:
- Roman Silchester
- The Origins of Pamber Forest
- Basing House
- The Civil War Soldier
- Gilbert White of Selborne
- Tadley God Help Us
- Tadley Families and Trades
- A Tadley Hero
- Norman Goodland's Baughurst
- Aldermaston Court 1940
- A Long Walk Home
- Prisoners of War 1944
- Tadley's Farewell to the Besom
- Tadley in the 1950s
- North Hampshire's Natural History
Taste of TADS 2
Taste of TADS 2 contains articles on:
- Tadley Schooldays in the 1940s
- An Apprenticeship in the 1930s
- Four Years in Blue
- The first new school in Tadley for nearly 100 years
- Tadley memories (Elsie Simpson - nee West)
- About Basing House
Collections of photographs from various TADS's events over the years (trips, outings, anniversaries etc)
Page updated: Monday 23 January 2017.
Review date: 31 December 2017.